- A descendant of “First 85”
- Michael Charles “Talley” Tate was born in North Minneapolis, Minnesota on June 2, 1958 and raised by parent Marilynn Johnson.
- Dearly known as, “Coach Talley” to many of the young men and peer coaches, he started his volunteer career at the age of 17 years old.
- Received Certificate of Recognition for work with youth in the inner city at a half time ceremony during a Como Park-Minneapolis North girls basketball game.
- Instrumental in revitalizing HHYD’s Friday night basketball for at risk 13-17 year olds.
- Instrumental in assisting in securing $300M to renovate Minneapolis Parks.
- Engaged in speaking opportunity to secure funds for North Minneapolis baseball fields that were paid for by foundations such as Pohlad Foundation, Phillip Family Foundation, and the MN Twins Foundation.
On a quest to keep Minneapolis parks beautiful for the community and a place for kids to develop athletic and relationship building skills in a safe and inclusive environment.